[Amps] Spam and worms attachments from mailing list

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 27 12:30:04 EDT 2005

Saad,

It sounds to me that you have a bug. The worm infection is caused by clicking on an e-mail attachment. They'll have some sort of executable zipped in a zip file telling you it's a patch. news, or something that would have you to open it and use it. Never execute any attachments unless you know for sure who sent it. A big problem is computers which the whole family uses. Kids are really bad to click on attachments, they'll never tell it, or swear they didn't to the partents.

If you have an anti-virus software, now would be the time to upgrade the definitions and run a system wide scan. Nothing normal should ever try to access your address book.

Best,

Will