[Amps] Spam and worms attachments from mailing list

John/K4WJ k4wj at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 27 13:16:06 EDT 2005

Saad,

Go to http://www.symantec.com/index.htm

On the left side of the screen you will see "Downloads". Under
Downloads, click on "Symantec Security Check".

You will have two choices, Security Scan or Virus Detection.  Select
Virus Detection. It may take a while for it to check out your PC, it
all depends on the number of files you have on your PC that it must scan.

Good luck,

73..de John/K4WJ

At 12:11 PM 08/27/2005, Saad Mahaini wrote:
>Speaking of warms.  I don't know what I have on my computer, but a weird
>problem just developed with the Outlook yesterday.  I get a message that a
>program is trying to access my Outlook mailing list and asks me if I want to
>allow or deny.  It will continuously pop up when I choose deny.  If I was to
>choose allow, then there is a time interval associated with that, One min, 2
>min, etc up to ten min.  This is how long the authorization period is, then
>of course it will pop up again after this period is lapsed.  This is
>crippling, since you can do nothing with Outlook while this message popup
>window is activated.
>
>Does anyone have experience with this.  I have tried everything I could
>think of, but im throwing my arms up in the air at this point.
>
>73 Saad N5FF

73..de John/K4WJ
   John/K4WJ in Pembroke Pines, FL
    QTH  26 00 51 N