[Amps] powersupply/grid current query

Sean Williams m1ecy at m1ecy.me.uk
Sat Aug 27 15:27:15 EDT 2005

Hi All,

As a follow on from the Gi7 144meg amp I have a query.

I am still having problems with grid current, although not as serious as before.

My question is would low HT cause a rise in grid current? I ask this because as I approach higher drive levels 30 - 40 watts grid current soars, and output does go up, but not a great deal, however the power supply sags from 2.4Kv offload to 1500v on load at 800mA?

The amp has masses of loading (120pf) but this is obviously crazy.....

Open to ideas again......

Cheers
Sean
M1ECY