[Amps] FL-2100B Fixed

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 7 06:04:06 EST 2005

Alek,

I'm glad this fixed your amp, and was a blessing in disguise to prove a point that not all amps of one model are stable. In other words, even though an amp may be stable, another of the same model may exhibit signs of parasitics, and act squirelly like this one. There was a test done to prove that no such things as parasitics existed using 1-2 amps which were stable anyhow. The test did not use other amps of the same model which shown signs of parasitic action. This throws that test out the window, and proves the point. I'm sure Rich Measures, and a few others know of what I speak, and can concur. Even though other FL-2100B's may be stable, it does not necessarily mean all are (same with any amp of any model). It also proves that parasitic supressors do in fact work, do their job, and that nichrome supressors work where standard supressors using tinned wire may fail due to a lower impedance. I would say your experience summed it up nicely! Thanks for letting all of us know the outcome of your project.

Best,

Will

Amateur Transformer