[Amps] Designing the Cleanest Linear with RF Negative Feedback

Tom Cathey K1JJ at comcast.net
Wed Dec 14 17:45:14 EST 2005

Yes, Gerald, I thought about the DC bias variation too... the fact it would
be swinging under ssb modulation... and thought that was not a good thing
unless the tube was run in class A. This is class B amplifier, of course.

I saw that Tom/W8JI recommended it back in 2000 or so, so figured it was a
good trick. He said "unbypassed".
Maybe I misunderstood something.

I also saw guys talking about using an RF choke across this resistor. THAT
would cure the DC bias variation problem, and maybe be transparent to RF as
required?