[Amps] Designing the Cleanest Linear with RF Negative Feedback

Tom Cathey K1JJ at comcast.net
Thu Dec 15 00:09:34 EST 2005

Correction:

It was pointed out to me that the cathode resistor for negative feedback is
to be used only for a grid driven [grounded cathode] amplifier to generate
degenerative [negative] feedback.

In a cathode driven [GG] amplifier, the cathode is in phase with the plate
and it will not work. A different method must be used for neg feedback.

This is why my GG triode did not show any diffence in drive when I  tried
the cathode resistor.

I saw the idea in the archives and must have missed the fact that they were
talking about grid driven amps at the time.

73,
Tom, K1JJ