[BULK] - Re: [Amps] sb-221 blowing house fuses

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Thu Feb 3 19:30:26 EST 2005

Was the SB-220 shipped with the tubes installed in their sockets?  (Usually
a really bad idea...)

If so, did you open up the amp to see if the tubes are still intact, still
seated in their sockets, without parts dangling?  My first thought is a
plate cooler cap floating around inside, still connected to the B+ via the
parasitic suppressor...

-WB2WIK/6