[BULK] - Re: [Amps] sb-221 blowing house fuses

Mark - AA6DX aa6dx at pacbell.net
Thu Feb 3 20:13:38 EST 2005

My bet is that the steatite (?) insulator bolted in the high voltage cage to
hold off the HV safety shorting bar has come "unscrewed" in shipment, and
the shorting bar is "doing its thing" .. .. ..
BTW .. my opine, it is perfectly OK to ship that series of amps with the
3-5ØØ tubes in their sockets -- by taking off the top of the HV cage, and
"stuffing" the cage with packing material.  I use wadded up butcher paper
myself, it is more resilient than newspaper, etc --- and does not leave ink
smudges on the equipment.  I have shipped several SB-22Øs (and other radios
with hollow state devices) that way, never a problem with the tubes.
73  Mark    AA6DX    Eureka, Far Northern California