[Amps] 10dB and propagation

David G4FTC g4ftc at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 7 13:45:59 EST 2005

W2DTC wrote:

>Did you ever notice that when the Navy or Air Force wants to buy a new ship
>or airplane, that there are congressional meetings and many hurdles to
>overcome to get the funding?  Does it then strike anyone as odd that the
>military would get funding for a Statement of Work that required 360 ten
>thousand watt transmitters and 180 large antennas that would radiate a
>signal that is tens of thousands of times less than the Sun's natural
>electromagnetic radiation?

See my previous posting.

HAARP was orginally conceived to generate ELF signals - if I recall
correctly for communications with
submarines while submerged.

Prior to HAARP there was a project to install an ELF antenna across the
state of Wisconsin (project Sangine) - but public outcry put pay to that.
HAARP and the other Ionospheric heaters work by acting upon the polar
electrojet and it only requires a relatively small amount of power (but in
the MW range) to effectively modulate the electrojet.

Compared to the cost of an aircraft carrier or aircraft - HAARP is cheap!
Probably paid for out of petty cash.

Regards

David G4FTC