[Amps] 10dB and propagation

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Mon Feb 7 21:13:50 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/7/2005 6:32:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
david.kirkby at onetel.net writes:
>>When you write a load of rubbish (as you did), what do you expect?? <<

Thank you for your diagnosis Doctor :-)

The title and "innovative" etc. stuff was inserted by the editors of CQ, I
saw it after the issue came out.
I tried to use fiber optic analogy to illustrate the ducting, conducting, or
whatever is happening up there. I suppose I could have used "cloudy mother of
hamburgers clouds" or something like that to describe what I have observed,
independently of the prior geniouses. Maybe fuzzy fiber channel would have been
better. I didn't do the PhD thesis on it, I am just contester enjoying radio
and beating others.

I studied mostly ham literature and I was indoctrinated by the "mirrors" in
the sky and it didn't jive with what I was observing with killer antennas.

All I wanted to point out that perhaps there is more ducting (conducting)
going on down on HF than is generally believed.  If that was rubbish to you, than
I apologize for insulting your intelligence. (Looks like you graduated from
"W8JI university"? :-)

73  Yuri