[Amps] 10dB and propagation

R.Measures r at somis.org
Tue Feb 8 07:02:04 EST 2005

On Feb 7, 2005, at 5:53 PM, K3BU at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/7/2005 5:35:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> ka1xo at juno.com
> writes:
>>> Does this then mean that every transmission is
> contributing to the heat-death of the universe?<<
>

> Shhh, don't let envirowackos know about this, they would add it to
> "global
> warming" and destruction from SUVs, and we will be sentenced to
> miliwatts.
>
> I think as far as our human contribution to heating etc. is as much as
> one
> fart in a huge stadium :-)
> Just observe the amount of temperature changes between day and night
> and
> seasonal. If uncle Sun wasn't there, we would all be popsicles long
> time ago.
>
> Ionosphere is fascinating, way out there on the scale hard to model,
> so we
> can mostly speculate, but it is always interesting to see some weird
> stuff going
> on and have the "experts" 'splain it that it could not be so :-)
>
> I rather see some curiosity to explore "weird" stuff, rather than
> pontificating that it can't be.

Indeed, Yuri.  In the early 1900s, when an Austrian patent office clerk
and amateur physicist theorized that photons (which have zero-mass and
travel at the speed of light) were bent by gravity-waves, many
recognized experts said it can't be and laughed.  Decades later,
someone measured the time-interval of light from a more distant star
passing behind a massive star and re-emerging.   The  photon /
gravity-wave theory was correct.