[Amps] 10dB and propagation

Ian White G3SEK G3SEK at ifwtech.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 08:38:26 EST 2005

R. Measures wrote:
>Indeed, Yuri.  In the early 1900s, when an Austrian patent office clerk
>and amateur physicist theorized that photons (which have zero-mass and
>travel at the speed of light) were bent by gravity-waves, many
>recognized experts said it can't be and laughed.  Decades later,
>someone measured the time-interval of light from a more distant star
>passing behind a massive star and re-emerging.   The  photon /
>gravity-wave theory was correct.

When measurements don't fit in with everything we already know, real
scientists and engineers are trained to ask themselves:

"Is this something really new - am I really another Einstein? Or did I
simply get it wrong?"

--
73 from Ian G3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek