[Amps] [BULK] - shipping

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Thu Feb 24 13:34:03 EST 2005

 I had to add my 2 cents on this, my mom used to work at the main post
office down town St. Louis. She always said not to over make a package
as "fragile glass" because as they sort them they would make sure they
threw, with a little extra force, the ones marked that way. I know it
sound ludicrous but that's the story from here. The supervisor can't
watch all people for the full shift.

::No so unbelievable.  A friend of mine ran the main UPS depot in Toronto
years ago and over lunch assured me that "FRAGILE" was a city in northern
Alberta where elk were trained to stomp on packages so marked, and "THIS
SIDE UP" represented nothing more than a challenge to the package handlers.
-WB2WIK/6