[Amps] AL-1200 vs AL-1500

Phil Clements philk5pc at tyler.net
Thu Feb 24 14:45:55 EST 2005

> The AL1500 will output more power but the difference is not more than a dB
> or two. It has been very rare to hear of a 3CX1200 tube failure leading one to
> think the tube might be more robust than the 8877.
>
> 73,
> K5GW

I remember us talking about the 3CX1200's in you store when they first hit the
market. You thought at that time that the tube would be the 4-1000A of the 21st
century. I think time has proven you right. I only regret that some
manufacturers chose the "A7" instead of the "Z7"....the track record would be
more sterling than it has been.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC