[Amps] var cap question

kf4toh@aol.com kf4toh at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 01:08:36 EST 2005

hey guys

   I got 2 easy questions for the group!

 in my home-brew amp the ant load is a vac VAR cap and i want  to

 Know which way you turn the counter to go to min cap?

  IM thinking CCW .

    on all bands the load control tunes up about mid way  ..

   160 thur 20    all but    75 meters  ....         " never use 10 "

   for some reason  75 tunes totally CCW  and you can feel the

     Caps drive unlock  and the counter is below zero!

    right about unlock is where its tuned and it doesn't feel like its tuned

     Just right, IM running out of adjustment right as it gets there.

   i think the cap is a  20 to 2000  without opening it up and a groth
counter

    Question 2 is do I need a lower value cap or is something else off?

    3-1000z / B/W 852 band switch / B/W 800  plate choke/

   all the by pass caps in and around the tank are 001 doorknobs  but

   i have been planning to replace them with 1000uf 20kv doorknobs

    yes its always done this since "birth"  hi

     now if CCW is really at Max cap then .......i may need more

   But 160 loads  good.

     WONDER  if the 75 meter tank coil tap is off?

       Joe  KF4TOH