[Amps] Re: Henry 2k

Eric Dobrowansky kk2ed at comcast.net
Sun Jan 2 22:34:15 EST 2005

Check the hardware for the tube sockets, and make sure there are no nuts
missing on the underside of the chassis.  I repaired a 2K not once, but
twice, due to hardware vibrating off of the tube socket, causing one of the
tube filaments to loose connection. It's been a few years, so I don't recall
which socket it was, but it was enough for one of the tubes to loose
filament voltage.

Maybe when you changed tubes, the socket hardware shifted ever so slightly,
enough to re-establish current flow. After the fan/blower ran awhile, maybe
it moved enough to loose connection once again.

73
Eric
KE2D
(PS - 3K Premier 3CX1200A7 for sale in anyone is looking for a nice Henry!)