[Amps] OT: Relay questions

G3rzp at aol.com G3rzp at aol.com
Wed Jan 5 12:54:46 EST 2005

I use a Ledex driving a ceramic rotary switch, the one about an inch and a
quarter across. It has front and back contacts connected together, and 50 ohm
strip lines from it to the 12 SO239 sockets. The SWR on 10meters is below
1.1:1,  which is more than good enough, and it doesn't complain about carrying 1kW
- I  would never attempt switching that much.

It's mounted on the lid of a die cast box, with the Ledex outside, and has
worked well (touching wood!) for over 10 years. The whole thing is in  an
outside shed, so it isn't an ideal environment, but the switch wiping action  helps.

73

Peter G3RZP