[Amps] Testing a tuner

Tomm Aldridge KD7QAE at ARRL.NET
Sun Jan 9 16:34:27 EST 2005

My balanced tuner is configured with the motorized roller inductors
(26uH ea) in series mechanically with about a 2" separation.  I have the
capacitor split between 2 500pF Henry variables, one of which is almost
always shunting the output of the 24 turn x 4" coax balun on the input
of the tuner.  This coupling has not caused me any grief to date.  If
you were to make a link coupler I would suggest opposed drives so the
tank L increased or decreased symmetrically around the center where the
link was located.  The second motor would be simple enough to add.

Tomm, KD7QAE