[Amps] 50 or 60 Hz, a problem?

n7ioh n7ioh at cybertrails.com
Mon Jan 10 10:36:14 EST 2005

    I have a friend that lives in Cyprus and he is looking for an amp.
I was just wondering, I have seen transformers that say 50Hz and some
that say 60Hz and some that say 50/60Hz.  I'm trying to help him find an
amp and was wondering what difference there would be between the 50Hz
and the 60Hz as far as operating them on a different Hz then what is
stated on the equipment?  I'm not sure what they use in Cyprus, I am
waiting to here back from him on that.

                                    Thanks, Al, N7IOH