[Amps] L networks

G3rzp at aol.com G3rzp at aol.com
Tue Jan 11 03:35:15 EST 2005

Having a bit more time, and being in a meeting in Paris (a VERY opulent meeting room it is, too!)

In a message dated 09/01/2005 23:05:35 GMT Standard Time, G3SEK at ifwtech.co.uk writes:
The minimum possible *loaded* Q that is required to transform between
two resistances R2>R1, using any possible circuit, is sqrt(R2/R1 -1).

I think this is true for a network of two compnonents. If you allow more components (e.g. my transformer), it no longer applies. The final extension of this lies in the use of multi element Tchebychev networks for wide range matching over several octaves. The definitive work on this was published in Russia in the early 1960's, and I don't have the reference here.

73

Peter G3RZP