[Amps] AL-80B 15/17M tuned input high vswr

Charlie ad5th at direcway.com
Tue Jan 11 01:05:47 EST 2005

My AL-80B arrived today and the 15/17M tuned input has a high vswr around
10:1.  The other bands inputs have low vswr and this data is with the tuner
in the 746 Pro turned off.  The manual says nothing about tuning the slugs
in the tuned inputs and does not (that I can see) specify the correct tool
to attempt to tune them. I am suspect though that 10:1 is a broken component
but I should try to tune it out first I suppose.

Otherwise I am very pleased with he AL-80B and it is nice to see the 1kw
peak swings on sideband.

Any comments, answers, remarks on this matter much appreciated.

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH
www.ad5th.com
Live Blues Music