[BULK] - [Amps] Small Amplifier

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Fri Jan 14 11:43:10 EST 2005

For HF, I'd stick with the 4CX250s.  Reason: Far more popular tube, should
be readily available until we all leave the planet and quite a while
thereafter.  4CX300's more of a specialty tube having advantages at UHF, not
nearly as many in circulation.  Of course, if you plan to use the amp mobile
on a Jeep, the 4CX300 might be a better choice because its socket won't
allow the tube to bounce out during high vibration! -WB2WIK/6