[Amps] Small Amplifier

k7fm k7fm at teleport.com
Fri Jan 14 23:18:18 EST 2005

I looked up both tubes in Eimac's Care and feeding of Power Grid Tubes.  I
was looking for the imd, as the 250 is a tad bit light.  However, the 300
has exactly the same specifications, so there must be a lot in common,
despite the higher dissipation of the 300.  The 300 has a more efficient
socket regarding cooling, and I suspect that is the major difference.

If you have sufficient spares and sockets, the 300 provides more
dissipation.

73,  Colin  K7FM

---