[Amps] Modifying Amp Supply LK500ZA

R.Measures r at somis.org
Tue Jan 18 10:27:26 EST 2005

On Jan 18, 2005, at 7:08 AM, John King wrote:

> I have an LK 500ZA  with a pair of 3-500s.
>
> I would like to rebuild the final tank circuit to make
> it as a tank circuit should be.

John -- The main problems with the tank are: too-small
conductor-diameters for the higher band inductors, failure to use NPØ
or N750 doorknob cap Tune  & Load padders, and no forced air cooling of
the bandswitch and inductors.  The last problem can be fixed with a
small, brushless 12vdc fan powered by the either the relay PS or the
fil.  I bought 5 and I have some extras left over if u need one.