[Amps] Re: Re: Small Amplifier

David C. Hallam dhallam at rapidsys.com
Tue Jan 18 12:34:56 EST 2005

IMO  The best way to do this is to use a passive grid driven mode for the
4CX250B's where you can adjust the noninductive grid resistor to get the
proper grid voltage swing based on the output of your driver and using a
toroidal transformer to maintain 50 ohm impedance to the driver (if needed).
This gives you a built in dummy load for tuning and no grief switching the
amp in and out.  I have used this arrangement on every HF amplifier I have
ever built.

David C. Hallam
KC2JD

Message: 9