[Amps] DC heater supply or AC heater supply

Geert Hofman Geert_Hofman at Jabil.com
Tue Jan 18 12:52:12 EST 2005

Reading through the various reference works, I see that most tubes are heated with AC. However just went through AG6K's docs on amplifiers as well as a recent update of a GS35 design from a French amateur, and I see DC is used because of ease of regulating (correct) voltage . I am building my very first amp (with a GI7B,  will later build one with a  GS 31), so can't seem to find in the literature any negatives on using DC iso AC except for the additional circuitry and am inclined to go for DC. Any comments ??

Geert Hofman
Amateur radio station : ON4IG