[Amps] RE: LK800

John Coleman wa5bxo at pctechref.com
Mon Jan 31 11:44:12 EST 2005

Thanks Joni,
	The Amp belongs to Dennis, KT5S and he was having trouble getting
the ready light to come on.  We found and intermittent cold solder
connection on the HV Rectifier board.  The ANODE connection of the 12V
rectifier diode was the culprit.  Why it was on the HV board is beyond me.
Every time we would attempt to measure the DC voltage on the Cathode (which
was sticking up) the circuit would come to life and stay good until the
whole amp cooled down then the connection would fail again and it would not
come back on until you touched the diode.  It was one of those microscopic
cold solder joints.  We had to get the magnifying glass out to see it.  I
always like to see the bad connection if possible before resoldering.  It
helps my mind know what was wrong. HIHI

John, WA5BXO