[Amps] WinLink

R.Measures r at somis.org
Sun Mar 6 13:05:56 EST 2005

On Mar 6, 2005, at 7:05 AM, Will Matney wrote:

> I just ran across something (2-3 days back actually) about the ARRL
> almost secertely pushing through a new bandplan for Winlink, I think
> was the name.

160m has no such limits and it is a delight.  80m has limits and it is
a vast wasteland -- like unto that described in Newton Minnow's speech
to the National  Association of Broadcasters on May 9,  1961.
-  Those who try to control others for the primary purpose of
controlling others are called megalomaniacs.

> I have read some others opinions before I made this post. One wonders
> why I will not re-license and this shows why. I have seen the ARRL
> now, over and over, for years now, seem to do some pretty underhanded
> things. It seems to me it is always tied to a money flow some where. I
> know all to well what they did to Rich Measures on here, and it was
> over deep pockets controlling what the ARRL now does.

My guess is that what goes on behind closed doors in Newington goes way
beyond money.   I find it amazing that I never stopped to think about
who counts our votes for the Directors who supposedly control "our"
League.
P. T. Barnum said there was one born every minute and I plead guilty
for the period of 1955 to 1994.
-  League elections for Directors invite comparison to Baath Party
"elections" in Saddam's Iraq.
-  Hiram, W1AW, is probably turning over in his grave.