[Amps] hp 8405a operations ??

G3rzp@aol.com G3rzp at aol.com
Thu Mar 10 11:28:44 EST 2005

There are adaptors around that the probes plug into, which adapt to BNC
plugs. There are also pieces of through line with N connectors one each end (one
male, one female): these are about 1 inch long between the N types, and have
holes in them that probes plug into.

Be very careful of the probe tips themselves: these are hard to find. I
suspect if one has some patience, you can turn them up from brass rod, but I
haven't had to try that yet. There some cheap oscilloscope probes around that
have little adaptors for pluggung into BNC sockets and the probes fir those:
they have the advantage of protecting the probe tips.

I can't remember the HP numbers for these adaptors, but you can  find  a
reference to them in the manual.

73

Peter G3RZP