[Amps] hp 8405a operations ??

Dave Haupt emailw8nf at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 12:45:09 EST 2005

A probe tip to BNC male adapater was HP part number
10218A.  A trio of them sold on ebay a few weeks ago
for $77.  They show up on rare occasion there.
Alternate part number for the same part is
10218-60001.

A few years ago, I sucked in my gut and paid $90 each
for two of them, brand new, from Agilent.

In theory, this adapter is part of the oscilloscope
accessories product line.  If they offer a catalog of
scope probes and accessories, you might find a
reference in there.

I wouldn't want to have to attempt to repair a broken
probe tip.  I keep my 8405A's probes wrapped in pink
bubble wrap when I'm not using the instrument.

73,

Dave W8NF