[Amps] Bird Element Calibration?

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Mon Mar 21 11:41:24 EST 2005

Guys, keep in mind that 5% accuracy spec is of FULL scale. That means
that a 2500 watt slug has +- 125 watt accuracy at ANY part of the scale.
If you read 1000 watts on the meter with the 2500 watt slug the actual
power could be from 875 to 1125 watts and still be in spec! That's 12%.

At 250 watts on that same slug the error is +- 50%.

The lower you get on the scale the worse the accuracy will become.

73
Gary  K4FMX