[Amps] MLA-2500B Question

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 17:19:26 EST 2005

I have to confess that I hadn't considered it either -
you took that extra step! (I probably suggested it
when I mistakenly wrote 'admittance' rather than
'conductance' but I was really thinking of the
latter!) I expect it would work fine, and actually I
am not sure that there would be any particular
constraint upon the distance between tuner and
amplifier, provided that cable losses were negligible.

The downside of this technique is that a common
station impedance is not preserved, and to my mind
that is the overwhelming reason for putting the
matching network at the amplifier.

73 Roger