[Amps] AL-811H

carl seyersdahl carlseye at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Mar 30 20:13:00 EST 2005

Is it Don or Dan?? Anyway, when it comes to the question of 811A's or 572B's
, if you have an amp such as the 811, or 811H, or any amp for that matter ,
that uses 811A tubes, if you happen to have some 572B's in your "treasures"
use them if needed, but don't buy new ones if it's a question of
replacements.!!! the 572B is a great tube , BUT, It won't buy you anything
in an amp that was built for 811A's because of the plate(anode) v.
differences. Other than that, if you have some 572B's laying around and need
to Change "all " the tubes , then of course you could use the better tubes
without any problems.!!! There are those who would disagree, but that's
normal too.!!!
   I've done it that way, BUT, its usually a one change>!!!!
   I've run 811A's at 2200 vdc, BUT , I wouldn't recommend ayone try that ,
cuz , key down, you'd burn 'em up in just a few seconds.!!!!
    just a clue from someone who's been there.!!!! You won't get anymore out
either.!!!!!
    kz5ca