[Amps] Even more power solid-state amp's

Gudguyham@aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Thu Mar 31 06:52:44 EST 2005

In regard to solid state amps.........My cousin who was the engineer in
charge of the transmitter for WABC (sk in the 911 tower incident) said to me  that
all the power running on the transmitter for WABC TV was cascaded solid
state amps.  They are no longer using tubes.  I was looking for some  "pulled"
tetrodes with handles....too late now...I wonder if I will live long  enough to
see "tube type" amps fall by the wayside?  I am 53.  73  Louie