[Amps] Fabricating Chimneys from Gasket Material

w2cqm@juno.com w2cqm at juno.com
Mon May 2 12:30:30 EDT 2005

Need some assistance ! I'd like to experiment  fabricating  some small
chimneys for a ceramic tube from heavy machinery gauge, nonmetallic head
gasket material I have at hand.   The plan is to  snugly wrap the
material around the tube body (like a skirt)  with a small overlap and
them drill small pilot  holes and secure it with hand stitches. The
Question! Is anyone aware of any  automotive hardening  "gasket seal"
material that can be used  in the overlap as an added bonding  that will
withstand the heat and maintain the circular   integrity of the chimney ?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Ron W2CQM/3