[Amps] Pair of 4CX250s on 6-meters...

Dino Darling k6rix at earthlink.net
Wed May 11 11:47:58 EDT 2005

Speaking of a pair of 4CX250s...  I'd like to build a SSB mono band amp for 6-meters using a pair of 4CX250B's.  I have the cabinets I want to use (separate RF and power supply decks).

I've browsed different 6-meter designs on the web and asking if anyone here has their favorites?!

I'm a novice at building an amplifier and need to learn what parts to buy.  Example:

I know I need two tubes, sockets, and chimneys.  But what Peter Dahl transformers do I need to properly feed two 4CX250Bs?  How much CFM does the fan need to be?  What variable capacitors should I get (I am leaning towards the vacuum capacitors).

Any hints or outright shopping list would be appreciated!

Dino - K6RIX