[Amps] OT, but scholarly Request

Harold B. Mandel ka1xo at juno.com
Sat May 21 08:17:34 EDT 2005

Gentlemen,

A dear friend at Cornell asked me the other day if I knew the
average or particular sensitivity of cellular telephone sets,
either in microvolts or decibels.

Aside from setting up a Faraday cage and reconstituting
a pseudo-random carrier tuned to the GSM band, I
wondered if this was a figure any of you would care to share.

The principal researcher is looking for a class figure, and not
something proprietary, so no one need give away any secrets.

I apologize for the OT subject herein. However, the pure
scientific request from such a respected institution was
felt worth passing on.

Respectfully,

Harold Mandel,
W4HBM