[Amps] Question about safety ground connection

Gudguyham@aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Wed Nov 16 10:27:36 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/15/2005 9:14:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
craxd1 at verizon.net writes:

Mike,

Although it's not mandatory, it a real good thing to do.  When I worked as an
industrial electrician, a lot of times we had to work on  live circuits as
the main just could not be shut off over shutting the plant  down, or a whole
operation. I burnt up a few pairs of dikes over someone using  a white as a hot,
then I cut into them. Also, it would be easy for someone to  be leaning
against a grounded enclosure, and tip a white wire that's hot,  thinking it's a
neutral thus getting electrocuted. Really dangerous! I always  carried a wiggy
and checked the wires, but somethimes I have forgot  too.

Best,

Will

Working with electrcity is like working with guns.  Assume a wire is  ALWAYS
hot.  TEST it before you cut it.  I ran into a situation where  a wire was fed
from 2 different CBers fortunately they were on the same phase,  but what a
pain to find where they came tegether.  Took all  day.