[Amps] Aluminum alloys for panels?

Danny Ray Boyer drboyer at centralcom.com
Wed Nov 16 11:09:04 EST 2005

Go by your local sheet metal shop and ask them if they have any sheet
aluminum.  If they don't have it, they can certainly get it.

I go down the street to one of the shops several times a month and have
them shear off the size of aluminum panels that I need.  They can pull
and shear it in a matter of minutes.  In my opinion, not worth trying to
order it and cut it yourself.

Our local sheet metal shop keeps a sheet or two of different thickness
of aluminum on their shelf.

By the way, your local sheet metal shop can order sheet aluminum from
their supplier with plastic on one or both sides.

No scratches when they hand it to you.   After you drill the panel for
you project, simply pull off the plastic coating and it looks like new.

Danny Ray Boyer W5AHN