[Amps] Anode Impedance of 4-400A

R.Measures r at somis.org
Wed Nov 16 11:46:42 EST 2005

On Nov 16, 2005, at 7:11 AM, Peter Voelpel wrote:

> True, if grid current is allowed to run higher then 1mA,
> but these tube family is not built for AB1,

Eimac rates the 4-400A and 4-400C for Class AB1 linear service.  In my
opinion, 800 screen volts and 4000 anode volts are about right.  With a
50½ grid termination, neutralization should be optional.   Drive
requirement with such would be c. 190W.

> I prefer to run them in highµ service anyway.

Grounded-grid is undoubtedly the universal cure-all for lack of
linearity.