[Amps] 220V wiring: Was Question about safety ground connection

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Thu Nov 17 20:46:15 EST 2005

How about if the blower itself burns open and stops?
If you are concerned about the blower not moving air then install an air
flow sensor switch in the air path. Of course I suppose that switch could
fail too and leave you out in the cold (or heat as it may be).

It is poor practice to split the 240 and run some things from each side for
the 120 volt circuits in an amplifier. Choose one side and stick with it.
Eliminates all kinds of problems.

Then how about all those 120 volt appliances in your house? I would get rid
of them too. If you have an open neutral going to the house you will have
all sorts of items in series across 240 volts to worry about. I have had
this happen and survived! So did all the appliances!

You could move to the UK where there is only 240 volts. But if you choose to
stay in the U.S. and suffer with our power system then you are stuck with
the design of the power system in place and must work around it.  :>)

73
Gary  K4FMX