[Amps] Conversation stopper?

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at ispwest.com
Sat Nov 19 19:20:59 EST 2005

At 07:36 AM 11/19/2005, Dr. William J. Schmidt, II wrote:

>A resounding THANKS! to whoever was smart enough to put "SPAM" into the
>subject line... my span filter now catches it.  Good place for this waste of
>bandwidth on house wiring.  I was worried we'd have to retitle the reflector
>name from "AMPS" to "HOUSE WIRING 101".
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Dr. William J. Schmidt, II  K9HZ
>Trustee of the North American QRO - Central Division Club - K9ZC

The only "waste of bandwidth" I've seen so far is the above post. All
the others had something to contribute. Ok, this one qualifies too. Sorry. :-)

Were I a psych major, I think I could to a doctoral dissertation on
people who object to other people having a conversation which they
are not interested in. Something abnormal there for sure.

If the good Dr. Schmidt was at a social gathering and he overheard a
conversation of no interest, would he walk over ask the people to
change the subject? Perhaps. Unlike electrocution, rudeness is not
self-limiting.

I've been on the 'net since the early nineties and seen it many
times. It never fails to amaze me.

Over to you, doc.

73, Bill W6WRT