[Amps] 220V wiring: Was Question about safety ground connection

Bill Aycock baycock at direcway.com
Sun Nov 20 09:03:29 EST 2005

Louis
Thanks for the kindergarten lecture. What you told me and what was in
the link was WHAT happens, not HOW. You also included a lot of extra
stuff about "side" connections and "back stab", that do not help.
I know what wires are, and even the difference between #12 and #14, and
why copper is better than aluminum for house wire. I even have wired to
code, and passed inspection. What I don't know is what I asked- "how
does it work?" I mean what is measured?, what is compared?. A GFI
measures the difference in current in two wires, to see if some current
is going where it should not.
If this gadget can tell the difference between a normal contact arc and
an abnormal one, how does it tell?
Even though it was on a .gov site,the link was to a Flack sales job on
why we should use this thing.. I want something that relates to the laws
of physics. Things like rise rates, pulse shape, delays or count,
frequencies,etc.
Incidentally- what was in the link did NOT rule out action as a result
of RF at HF frequencies. In fact, I don't remember any reference to RF
at all- I need to recheck that.
Bill-W4BSG

--
Bill Aycock W4BSG