[Amps] Fw: Power cord to use when converting AL-80B to 240 volts?

Bill Coleman N2BC n2bc at stny.rr.com
Sun Oct 2 16:56:14 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Coleman N2BC" <n2bc at stny.rr.com>
To: <craxd1 at verizon.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2005 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Amps] Power cord to use when converting AL-80B to 240 volts?

It is quite OK to use the white on one of the phases in a 240V hookup.  It
is never OK  to use green to anything other than ground.

 Most modern amps have no need for neutral when wired for 240V.  If neutral
is indeed needed for something inside that is 120V only then the only way is
 to use a 4-wire cord.

Bill  N2BC