[Amps] Power cord to use when converting AL-80B to 240 volts?

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 2 17:01:33 EDT 2005

Most manufacturers, size the transformer to what the amp does. It's according to what the amp is made for SSB only or AM/SSB. If for SSB only, you'll find the transformer to be maybe 25% smaller than one for dual duty. SSB does not put a continuous draw of current on the line the same as AM does over the carrier. Even though you have the same peak power with both, the duty cycle is less for SSB.

Best,

Will