[Amps] Power cord to use when converting AL-80B to 240 volts?

Henry Pfizenmayer pfizenmayer at worldnet.att.net
Sun Oct 2 18:34:35 EDT 2005

FWIW _ Don't know if its valid for 220  lines to ham transmitters ,  but the
new electric range I just bought says " Effective Jan 1 , 1996 the NEC
requires that new construction. (not existing) utilize 4- conductor
connection to electric ranges. "

 The three wire leaves a ground strap from the neutral to the range case.
The 4 wire removes the ground jumper to the case and the neutral (white
/bare) then goes to the range connector and the ground to the range case.

 Rgds-- Hank K7HP