[Amps] help needed sorting out a tube rectifier circuit

Karl-Arne Markström sm0aom at telia.com
Tue Oct 4 13:11:11 EDT 2005

What you have here is the classic "economy power supply", which is a
combination of the full wave Graetz bridge circuit, and the center-tap
full-wave rectifier. If you look closely in the power supplies chapter in the 1970's
ARRL handbooks, it is commonly used for SSB transceiver power supplies.

The full-wave bridge generates the 1500V, and the center-tap generates the 750V.

This circuit is most common with solid-state rectifiers, but can be realized as well with
both vacuum and mercury-vapor rectifiers.

73/

Karl-Arne
SM0AOM