[Amps] Henry Amp Conversion

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Oct 5 12:10:55 EDT 2005

I am planning on finding a Henry amp and converting it to run the new
3CX1500D7.  I originally thought about making the necessary changes to my
3X3 amp but I just finished it and want to keep it intact.  Besides, who
needs a 450 lb 1500 watt amp?

In order to keep the cost of acquiring a conversion candidate down, I guess
I am looking for one that runs a pair of 3-500Z's and has the HD power
supply.  An alternative would be the 4K Ultra. This is where I need some
guidance.  Can anyone tell me what models run the HD and what the HV level
and  current capabilities are.  In looking at Radio Dan's website, he shows
which Henry models have the HD PS but he gives no specific info.  Any Henry
legacy info source will be appreciated.  Also, anyone out there that has one
of these amps for sale, please contact me.

Thanks,

Bob Maser  W6TR
Valrico FL