[Amps] Ameritron AL-1500 Problem (Mike Schatzberg)

Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL kgrimm at adelphia.net
Wed Oct 5 16:53:54 EDT 2005

R.Measures wrote:

>On Oct 5, 2005, at 11:17 AM, Mike Schatzberg wrote:
>

>>Wilson, your point is well taken, it could be you are right and the
>>final is
>>at fault.  But before investigating such a significant and expensive
>>problem
>>as an intermittently open or shorted 8877, I would spend a few moments
>>and
>>check the more simple and common possibilities first, and then go
>>onward
>>from there.
>>

>Agreed.  I would first perform the Funderberg gold-sputtering test to
>see what's what with the grid.
>http://www.somis.org/Goldmeltballs.html
>

>>It is often worth considering Achems Razor, which says that
>>"All things being equal the simplest answer must be correct."  This
>>doesn't
>>always seem to work out for electronics.  I would hope it is not the
>>triode........
>>
>>73,
>>
>>Mike
>>WB2AJI

My money is still on Aachem.  In other words, the relay.

Not everyone has a hi-pot tester.  Jose already has a new relay.  What
would Aachem suggest?  Buy a hi-pot tester and look for meltballs or sub
the relay?

Ken K4XL
k4xl at arrl.net
*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr