[Amps] One PS, many amps

David Smith vk3hz at wia.org.au
Thu Oct 6 20:08:59 EDT 2005

> Each amp also needs its own separate anode and grid current metering. A
> Triode Boards customer is looking at this right now, and I think I've
> second-guessed how Frank must have done it, with isolating diodes in the
> B-minus return.

I run amps for 2m and 70cm (both GG triodes) off a common supply.  Like
the original poster (Dino) is proposing, mine is set up so that only one
amp can be keyed at any one time.  Mine uses common anode and grid
current metering shunts (plus protection diodes) mounted in the PS.  So
the (remote) meters read for whichever band I'm currently Tx'ing on.

Regards,
Dave
VK3HZ